Javier Garcia has never had it so difficult to return home. Since he settled in Lisbon a little less than two years ago and until the start of the pandemic, this young man from Salamanca was taking advantage of the historic Lusitania and Surexpresso hotel-trains to...
The Minister of Transport, Mobility and Urban Agenda, formerly the Minister of Public Works, José Luis Ábalos, says that the Information Study on the Madrid - Oropesa section of the Madrid - Extremadura high-speed line will be on public display before the end of the...
The EU has declared 2021 as the European Year of the Railway. The Commission points out that it is 20 years since the first railway package was adopted and it will be the first complete package to apply the rules set out in the fourth package throughout the European...
of unpredictable effects
High speed lines
and long distance 2020
Isolation of the Iberian Southeast
Corredor Sudoeste Ibérico
Road Map Proposal
TRAIN WORTHY NOW!
- Recognition and commitment of the investments in infrastructures necessary for the Iberian Southwest , and their incorporation into the Infrastructure plans of the coming years.
- Development of a formally constituted and permanent private interest group that ensures the monitoring and continuity of the development of communication networks in the Iberian Southwest and Europe.
- Efforts and actions will be concentrated on the High-Speed and Freight Train line that constitutes the central axis of the Iberian South-West Corridor with the following road map:
- TRAIN WORTHY ALREADY. Radical improvements in infrastructure and current services to the maximum extent possible. Special actions in the sections that will be used in the coming years: Plasencia – Madrid, connections with Puertollano, Sevilla y Huelva.
- Promotion of actions that allow works to be carried out in the high speed commute Plasencia – Navalmoral de la Mata – Talavera de la Reina – Pantoja/Toledo, in order to be completed in 2023 . Conventional network improvement actions and electrification of the route Talavera de la Reina – Madrid.
- Actions in infrastructure and electrification of the section Mérida – Puertollano.
- Extension of the current Talgo service Madrid – Badajoz until Lisboa.
- Completion of infrastructure between Badajoz and Plasencia with all the High Speed characteristics.
- Entry into operation of the High Performance Train that allows the journey Badajoz – Madrid in less than 4 hours.
- Starting of commuter trains that allow high frequencies of services on the axes: Plasencia – Zafra and Don Benito/Villanueva de la Serena – Badajoz.
- Start of operation of the line Lisboa – Extremadura – Madrid using new and old infrastructures with improvements.
- 2020 – 2022. Actions in infrastructure and electrification of the section Mérida – Puertollano.
Completion of the new electrified line of Évora to Caia and the new railway connection of Sines.
Total electrification Lisboa – Madrid.
Termination and entry into service of the High Speed between Madrid and Lisboa. With all the finished infrastructures and of similar characteristics to the rest of the Iberian Network, being able to support the different necessary services of travelers and merchandise.