On Friday, July 10, at the Hotel Vila Galé in Elvas, the new Beta 0.6 version of the SOI Corridor publication was presented, which in addition to being a means for the dissemination of the Iberian Southwest Corridor, is a co-creative project to develop the widest and...
Sorry, this entry is only available in European Spanish and European Portuguese. For the sake of viewer convenience, the content is shown below in this site default language. You may click one of the links to switch the site language to another available language.Para...
Sorry, this entry is only available in European Spanish. For the sake of viewer convenience, the content is shown below in the alternative language. You may click the link to switch the active language.RUEDA INFORMATIVA Participan: Antonio García Salas, portavoz y...
of unpredictable effects
High speed lines
and long distance 2020
Isolation of the Iberian Southeast
Corredor Sudoeste Ibérico
Road Map Proposal
TRAIN WORTHY NOW!
- Recognition and commitment of the investments in infrastructures necessary for the Iberian Southwest , and their incorporation into the Infrastructure plans of the coming years.
- Development of a formally constituted and permanent private interest group that ensures the monitoring and continuity of the development of communication networks in the Iberian Southwest and Europe.
- Efforts and actions will be concentrated on the High-Speed and Freight Train line that constitutes the central axis of the Iberian South-West Corridor with the following road map:
- TRAIN WORTHY ALREADY. Radical improvements in infrastructure and current services to the maximum extent possible. Special actions in the sections that will be used in the coming years: Plasencia – Madrid, connections with Puertollano, Sevilla y Huelva.
- Promotion of actions that allow works to be carried out in the high speed commute Plasencia – Navalmoral de la Mata – Talavera de la Reina – Pantoja/Toledo, in order to be completed in 2023 . Conventional network improvement actions and electrification of the route Talavera de la Reina – Madrid.
- Actions in infrastructure and electrification of the section Mérida – Puertollano.
- Extension of the current Talgo service Madrid – Badajoz until Lisboa.
- Completion of infrastructure between Badajoz and Plasencia with all the High Speed characteristics.
- Entry into operation of the High Performance Train that allows the journey Badajoz – Madrid in less than 4 hours.
- Starting of commuter trains that allow high frequencies of services on the axes: Plasencia – Zafra and Don Benito/Villanueva de la Serena – Badajoz.
- Start of operation of the line Lisboa – Extremadura – Madrid using new and old infrastructures with improvements.
- 2020 – 2022. Actions in infrastructure and electrification of the section Mérida – Puertollano.
Completion of the new electrified line of Évora to Caia and the new railway connection of Sines.
Total electrification Lisboa – Madrid.
Termination and entry into service of the High Speed between Madrid and Lisboa. With all the finished infrastructures and of similar characteristics to the rest of the Iberian Network, being able to support the different necessary services of travelers and merchandise.